Happy New Year!

Happy new year to everyone! It's been a roller coaster in 2020, but I'm sure we will ace 2021, no matter what. 



I started this blog 4 months ago, in late August. I've been posting many kinds of things, but I hope to make the variety wider this year. I'll share my groovy Thoughts after all! 

Till then, I've had 35 blog posts, but not much. I haven't been posting regularly for the past two months, maybe because of schoolwork or home. But I want to make it right this year.

So, I'll be redesigning my blog. I wish to have a change this year, and maybe the new design would leave me content. Maybe not.

Anyway, I also wish to talk about my Goals for 2021 and my redesigned blog. Let's head on!


2021, For Me

Well, I do have new year resolutions and goals. And this time, they're petty. Very petty. 

There is one goal that I'm taking very seriously, because I have 365 days to accomplish it, and they seem enough, but I'm still dubious. 

And it is.... *drumroll drumroll* Wait for it.... *drumroll with a much more noise*


Writing (and publishing, if possible) my own book! 

It may not seem so ambitious and original, but I really want to publish my own book. I already have an idea for a series, but that universe could just keep expanding and occupying more space in my head until I publish some other works.

Because I want that one to be perfect.

So, more about this book. It can just be a collection of some nature-related poems, travelouges, and short stories, but at least I'll get feedback for it. And credit. 

I know, if I am to write a book, I should know more about it. But well, I will start writing rubbish and mould it into gold. 

Anyway, let's take a move on. Here are a few resolutions for me this year:

  • Studying more
  • Blogging more
  • Less recreation
  • Defying the Capitol (nope, just kidding)
  • More creation
That's it, I guess. 

Reading, & Bingeing Goals

I plan to read 100 books this year. I will not be changing this goal, since the percentage is easier to figure out with this. And I don't want to set my stakes too high or too low.

Because I've been completing books in 2 days in 2020, I was able to read 175 books. I guess the Kindle Unlimited subscription and Amar Chitra Katha subscription helped, but 100 should just be for novels with 300+ pages. Or not?

Some reading goals (or challenges):
  • A to Z Reading - Reading by first alphabets. 'THE' will not be counted.
  • Around The World In 7 Books - Reading at least one book for one continent of the world.
  • Completing Started Series - I started quite many series which I didn't complete. I look forward to do so this year! Like, Divergent, Perfect, and more.
  • More Audiobooks - I want to listen to more audiobooks, I hope I can read at least 10!
Next up, bingeing. Ah. I calm down just by the sound of it.

I mean, I can't set up goals for it of course! But I have SO MANY shows in mind that I want to watch. Some include: Alexa and Katie, Schitt's Creek, The Good Place. And of course, Young Sheldon's Season 4!
I will also be rewatching A Series of Unfortunate Events along with reading the books! 

Also, I want to create more animations like the one above. Yes, I made it! I'm quite proud and I want to raise the difficulty bar even more. :D

Anyways, that's about it for me!

2021, For Groovy Thoughts

Firstly, I want to talk about the new design. It's just the change in the shape of the home page, with the sidebar now visible. To those who don't know, the old design was like this:






And now, it's the one that stares right back at you.

I will also be using graphics made by myself this time, which you'll know more about later!

Since I've not been posting regularly, this time, I will be. I have created a schedule for the month of January.




The credit for this idea goes to Em, from Tea for Teens.

The Monthly Goalpost would just have rough things about the month. Then the books planned for the month, and after that a tag. I will also share a written piece such as a poem or an article or a travelogue. I would also post in another language, about basic things. I will be shadowing a social issue in a monthly post. The part from 24th to 20th is blank because I have a surprise there. And at the end of every month, I would be posting a monthly wrap-up which I have seen in many places.
I have not included book reviews because I can post them any time, since I don't read and review regularly. 

______________________________________________________________

That's it for today. Happy new year again! I'm so excited. :D


Comments