Ranji's Wonderful Bat and Other Stories - Review

Ranji's Wonderful Bat and Other Stories

Book: Ranji's Wonderful Bat and Other Stories
Author: Ruskin Bond
Type: Short Story Collection
Rating: ★★★★✰



It's great! I loved all the stories, especially... all! In this cricket season in India, they were a great way to cope up with my everyone's enthusiasm :P

I just love the way a sense of nostalgia washes over you, and even though I've hardly visited those parts of the Himalayas, I know it already. Ah, those days when we were carefree... just rolling around. I loved it.

The characters, they're so relatable! The antics of Uncle Ken, man. And then how Suraj almost ran away, because his school report was coming. Totally relatable. With Ruskin Bond's characters, you always feel an instant connection, which I totally love. It's like I knew them for thousands of years, we're not new.

Personally, I think the long chapter stories weren't so important, it was hard to get through them. The rest is so good!!

~ Happy Reading!

Comments