The Last Leaf - Review




The Last Leaf



Book: The Last Leaf
Author: O' Henry
Type: Short Story
Rating: ★★★★★






"I want to see the last one fall. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking. I want to turn loose my hold on everything, and go sailing down, down, just like one of those poor, tired leaves."


I don't have any words for this book. Though this has many for me. It's just.....beautiful. Plainly beautiful. This is a book that makes dreams come true.

It's about 2 girls, Sue and Johnsy, who are close and have the same interests, living together. Pneumonia is spreading there. Behrman is an old artist who dreams to paint a masterpiece someday....but only someday.

Johnsy catches Pneumonia and thinks that she will die as the last leaf of her loved tree will fall. Only, it doesn't.

[view spoiler]


I love this book. And the teacher who recommended this to us. The last 15 minutes were the best 15 minutes of my life, and I'm not lying.

Comments