Harry Potter - Review


Oh, come on!!! Of course, Harry Potter has a huge place in my heart!!

Being one of my favorite series, it is like heaven for me. I mean, of course, except being near Voldemort.


Starting with the first book, I had bought it in the market - just for the sake of buying a book, LOL!! - not at all knowing what it was, its story, and if I won't be able to live without it in my life. But, surely, it was more than worth, giving it a try.
In the start, I had found it extremely boring... When I read the first page, I closed it, thinking that I have better things to do.
But this 'magical' attraction pulled me towards the book, several minutes later. 
As I kept on reading the chapters, I couldn't put it down. It was as if I was under the 'Imperius Curse'.



I would use read it way past my bedtime, and I wouldn't realize it. Truth be told, those 300 pages were a lot for me at that time. Finally, when I finished it, I decided to watch the movie. And, honestly, that was when I realized that Hermione was not pronounced as 'Her-mo-yin' or 'Her-mi-yon'. It was/is 'Her-ma-yan-ee' (yes, the 'E' wasn't silent).

From then on, when I read the other HP books, I started to picture the characters as Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, and so on. ​

Turning to the next book, it wasn't legendary or something; I didn't like it much, but the relationship (I won't spoil it) between Tom Riddle and Voldemort was unbelievable for me. But I know that there is going to be something between Ginny and Harry, you know.

Though I did like the movie.
Every book has has been bought a certain way, and I got this book from Amazon.

The third book, was my favorite, not only because there was no Voldemort in it, but also because we get introduced to the Marauders (my favorite characters after Hermione, except Peter Pettigrew, of course!) and their map. And I really like Harry's Patronus, and Buckbeak too.



And the view that they show when Harry is riding on Buckbeak, it's awesome (the view).
I got this book as a surprise; I was pleading for it when my Grandma told me that she bought it for me already as a surprise!




The Fourth Book, I, of course, knew that Harry will be chosen in the Triwizard Tournament, and will surely win, by the blurb, and something bad's gonna happen. But it was quite unexpected...
Anyways, I got this book on my birthday, along with a blue watch.


Actually, the way the tasks came out in the movie wasn't really what I had imagined. So, now, it is kinda weird for me.

The fifth book was the last one that I got. Not read. Actually, I borrowed the sixth one from my friend because he/she had two copies, and my father bought me the last one before the fifth one. 
I got the fifth one when I participated in a dance competition. I started to read it in August (when I got it), but finished it in March of the next year. That is whole seven months!! (⊙o⊙)
It is actually because I had to get breaks from it as I was reading the Library books too, and it was too long (800 pages!!)



I was actually tired of waiting, now. So I decided to watch the movie before reading the book. Which is quite unusual for me. 
So there was no fun reading the book, now.

The fifth book was when us Potter Heads started crying. You know, when closed ones started dying....
Woah! That rhymes!!!! Lol!!!

Yes, there wasn't anything special in the  sixth book, except we learned the truth and were crying at the end of the book (AD's Death).
Believe me, I was in a sour mood for a whole week!
​The movie really came out great!



Uh.... turning to the last book, lots of crying, lots of heartbreaks, and lots of adventure! It was great! I'm always in a weird mood when I think about the last book of Harry Potter! 
And the movies made it all come to life.. they were the birth to our imagination!


It was a great experience for me... this is when I learned the meaning of life!
Believe me... let it enter your life, and you won't regret it! 
And I quote something said by Fiona Chadwick at the start of the book; "The only thing wrong with it is that you can't put it down!". It's so true!


Now I would like to express everything else by a few pictures from the movie:






Comments

  1. This series, no matter how many amazing ones I read (SJM included :D) will always have a very special place in my heart <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment